I’m ahead of schedule!

Earlier this week I turned my second draft of Jamie Brodie #3 (the title of which is unclear) over to the beta-readers. Yesterday, I sent the first draft of Researched to Death, Jamie Brodie #4, to my critique partner. I’m ahead of schedule on both.

My intention was to publish #3 this December. I should have it ready by the end of October. My intention was to publish #4 next June. I would love to have it ready by the end of the year, but that may be a little too ambitious. If not December, then January for certain.

How did I get ahead? #3 (I really need a title!) came to me very quickly. And, it’s shorter. Cited to Death was around 48,000 words and Hoarded to Death was 53,000 or so. #3 is 41,000.

Researched to Death, #4, is longer – 57,000 right now – but I wrote the body of it during NaNoWriMo last November. It needed a good bit of revision, based on the changes in Pete and Jamie’s relationship since then, but that hasn’t taken too long.

All this means that I can start on #5 – Encountered to Death – sooner than I thought. And I’m really looking forward to that. It’s going to be a fun one to write.

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Books, Publishing, Writing

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s